Specials

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Moving/Welcome To Your New Home Card

My parents are moving to a new home and wanted a card to send out to people to let them know their new address.  I took a picture of their door so the card would resemble their actual door.   I ended up making two different cards and they can choose which one they like best.  I couldn't find brick paper so I used my trusty scorer and a sanding block to make the brick pattern stand out a little more. The wreath on the second card and the bush on the first card is made with a McGill branch punch.

Note to self...Make sure you have enough of the colors you need BEFORE you start assembling the cards.  I cut out all of the doors and the top part of the panels and began to assemble them before I realized that I didn't have enough for ALL the panels.  A frantic search to many stores left me empty handed.  I ended up making five completely new doors so everything would match.  Can you say learning experience?

 I got the inspiration from a card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers.  You can check out the blog here.  http://www.b52contstance.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment